Healthy Lifestyle changes are the need of the hour in this Tech-age.
Feeling sleepy all the time? depressed?; had a bad back?; anxiety, BP, skin not glowing? putting on weight?
Now, Crazy Life is fully surrounded by cell phones, laptops, iPads, and other technology gadgets leaving mankind with less space for family relations. Meanwhile, thinking about how to adapt ourselves with the breakthrough and at the same time harmonize our body-system towards a healthy lifestyle?.
Here are a few AMAZING tweaks that can make you feel better which are working right NOW.
Let`s dive into them.
1.Sound Sleep: One of the best Healthy Lifestyle changes
One of the top healthy lifestyle changes is a sound sleep when you ask for it. In this age of millennials, you engage most of your time with electronic gadgets like cell phones, TV, iPad, laptops, etc. Logging more screen time rose dramatically between 2010 and 2020. This enticement makes you neglect sleep. Your body needs eight hours of sleep a day for normal and healthy living as per researches. Stress, long working hours, and other reasons will adversely impact the sleeping pattern. In fact, when you lower your sleeping hours, you tend to expose yourself to serious health concerns like obesity, disease, and even early death. So, dive into a deep sound sleep in the pre-allotted slot for it. This is one of the important healthy lifestyle changes to be adopted by everyone now to have a stress-free life. Yes, I mean, Unplug yourself from electronics.
|Age||Recommended||May be appropriate|
|New-borns(0-3 months)||14 to 17 hours||11 to 13 hours; 18 to 19 hours|
|Infants(4-11 months)||12 to 15 hours||10 to 11 hours; 16 to 18 hours|
|Toddlers(1-2 years)||11 to 14 hours||9 to 10 hours; 15 to 16 hours|
|Pre-schoolers(3-5 years)||10 to 13 hours||8 to 9 hours; 14 hours|
|School-aged Children(6-13 years)||9 to 11 hours||7 to 8 hours; 12 hours|
|Teenagers(14-17 years)||8 to 10 hours||7 hours; 11 hours|
|Young Adults(18-25 years)||7 to 9 hours||6 hours; 10 to 11 hours|
|Adults(26-64 years)||7 to 9 hours||6 hours; 10 hours|
|Older Adults(≥ 65 years)||7 to 8 hours||5 to 6 hours; 9 hours|
These recommendations need to be followed scrupulously for one’s good. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and heavy-meals in the evening that will lower sound sleep possibility. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows. Avoid using mattresses and pillows crossing their life expectancy of about 9 or 10 years. Sticking to a sleep schedule makes your body(clock) tune to it quickly. Keep cell phones/electronic gadgets out of reach and stop using at least 30 minutes before going to bed. Make your bedroom noise-free. Ensure the bedroom is cool @ around 60-67 degrees. Manage some time efficiently with the Pomodoro Technique.
2. Stress Management:
Secondly, one of the best Healthy Lifestyle changes is stress management. Life is said to be full of problems leading to stress. There are often many causes of stress, like examinations/tests for students, meeting deadlines within the office, or battling family problems. But stress can have a detrimental effect on your overall health. In the recent past, stress has developed as a portion of our normal lifecycle. Managing stress is imperative for maintaining your overall health. As it boosts your system, makes you happy, and encourages long life. Stress causes a rise in cortisol levels. When it becomes excessive or continuing, this will have an adverse bearing on your health. Everyone has some sort of stress in their lives, but it’s how you react to it that counts. Healthy ways to deal with stress include getting 7–9 hours of sleep per night.
STEPS to manage stress:
- Be positive in your attitude.
- Prepare yourself to accept those situations that are not under your control. Only focus on those things which are in your control to be more effective and stress-free.
- Be assertive. Do not be aggressive. Show assertion in your opinions, beliefs, or feelings in place of becoming defensive, passive, or angry.
- Try to learn and get trained in relaxation methods. You may try Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga for stress management.
- The fit body fights stress better. So, exercise regularly.
- Health is wealth. Eat well-balanced & healthy servings.
- Time management is the key to manage stress effectively. Plan well before.
- Learn to say “No’’ to the requests of pushers, when it is absolutely not necessary or quite unmanageable.
- Hobbies: Indulge in interests that make you relax.
- Play with kids. This is a big stressbuster as kids involve you a lot with their innocence and playfulness. Mind you, not with cell phones.
- Take enough rest. You need time to recover from stressful events.
- Avoid relying on drugs, alcohol, or obsessive behaviors to reduce stress.
- Be social. Try to spare enough time with those you enjoy.
3. Sip more water:
A mean adult physical body is formed from 50-65% water. Therefore, it’s important to remain hydrated all the time for maintaining homeostasis (a stable environment inside the body). Water has many favorable effects on the body. It keeps the skin healthy, flushes toxins from the body, promotes weight loss, aids in digestion, and provides energy.
4. Stay fit by doing Exercise for 30 minutes regularly
Exercising should be your daily routine at least 30 minutes as burning those extra calories is often valuable to your health. Brisk walking, jogging, running, or cycling a day for 30 minutes or more, a simple thanks to staying fit. Playing a sport sort of badminton, cricket, swimming, etc. are other choices to endure fighting fit. Substitute food with healthy food: Those cakes, pizzas, burgers, biscuits & chocolates, are hard to urge over. Avoid junk food. In the long run, consider adding some fruits, nuts, and veggies instead are often well for your health.
How often you’re physically active is as vital as what percentage you exercise. So, don’t trail your morning workout with hours sitting at your desk, in your car, or on the couch. (1) Involving in more physical activity can benefit advance everything from your blood circulation to your stress points, and sense of well-being.
(2) Sedentary activities may be replaced by physical activity. Thus, adding more movement into your life. Few ideas to inspire you rather: Park your car at a considerable distance in the office so that you may have the luxury to walk a bit. You may consider swapping your tea break for an influence walk. In any case, walking is the finest exercise. You may set your alarm 15 minutes early to attempt morning stretches. You may wait for your lunch to reheat within the plank position or see what percentage squats you’ll slot in before your coffee is completed brewing. Use steps instead of landing on the elevator or escalator. Use the structure for lunges, pull-ups, dips, and push-ups while your children play. Taking a strategic break of one minute for every one hour at work and go for neck exercise or a small stretch will rejuvenate you.
6. Follow your passion
Your passion is often anything that simultaneously challenges you, intrigues you, and motivates you. Contrary to the thought that doing what you are keen on makes work effortless, a passion puts you to figure. Being involved in something, like dancing or painting or anything that you simply enjoy can keep you cheerful. Moreover, it improves your attitude towards life, boosts your confidence, and also assist you to discharge stress. If you are doing that doesn’t drive passion, then find something that you’ve got always wanted to try to. Learn something new and you are passionate about it.
7.Spend time with people who make you happy:
One of the easiest ways to de-stress and stay joyful is to devote time together with your loved ones like friends or family. An honest company is one of the simplest medicines for one body, mind, and soul. Paly with kids.
8. Quit smoking:
If you’re a smoker, then you want to quit smoking as soon as you’ll. Cigarettes have a negative effect on your lungs. That is to say, quitting smoking will improve your health, assist you to economize, and also reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases.
9. Cut down on alcohol:
Cut down on alcohol: It’s always better if you refrain from drinking alcohol overall. But if you can’t, then minimize the limit of your intake. Finally, Excessive alcohol consumption can have adverse effects on organs like the liver, kidneys, and also the guts. This is one of the Healthy lifestyle changes that will reap results immediately.
10. Get routine health check-ups:
“Prevention is usually better than cure.” Add routine health check-ups to your lifestyle to place a check on any disease at the proper time. Routine health check-ups include tests and physical examinations to see a patient’s current health and risks.
11. Healthy eating lifestyle change
Focus on Healthy diet lifestyle change: Firstly, it is time to avoid completely junk/processed food or downsize the intake. Aim for 10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day to meet your body’s demands for vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, polyunsaturated fat, and dietary fiber. Including omega-3 rich foods in your diet, including fatty fish, like salmon and sardines, ground flax.
Use brain foods. Avoid using high-sugared drinks. As an alternative, use water instead. Chew the meals properly. As you have 32 teeth, chew it 32 times (crazy though) for better digestion with the enzymes generated in the mouth. Never skip breakfast as it is an important energy booster for the day along. Rather, start with a fruit that has a high Glycaemic Index (GI) for breaking your fast all night instead of your favorite coffee, tea, or any other drink. Prefer home-prepared meals over restaurant food. Complete dinner 3 hours prior to sleep. Split your intake. Eat every 2-3 hours i.e., mini-meals.
To sum up, Healthy diet lifestyle change or Healthy eating lifestyle change brings about harmony in the body metabolism. Which Lifestyle change worked for you well? Even after reading this in-depth article relating to Healthy lifestyle changes, still, if you are any questions regarding the topic that is: Healthy lifestyle changes, please make sure to let us know your exact issue in the comment box below.